Saturday, October 29, 2011

Study series #2: My biggest tips


So girlies I planned on doing this as my study area but I'm in the middle of organising it at the moment so I don't feel like I should do it. It will be ready for next weeks study post, so look out for it.
Anyway today's post is my two biggest tips when studying.

Tip number 1:
Find a place where you don't get distracted but you feel comfortable. For me I work better on the floor when I'm not using my computer but I always work at my desk when typing. Some of you might find it better sitting on your bed, but I don't recommend that because it can be hard to concentrate on your bed. Another thing about working on your bed is that it might either make you want to sleep, or stop you from sleeping when you're not working. I try and have an area for work and an area for pleasure because for me that is the best way to get me to work effectively and it also helps to differentiate between work and pleasure, stopping me from getting distracted.
You might even find that you work better out of the house and at the library. I love working in the library and do feel like I get more work done there.
It is entirely up to you where you study but just think of a place where you won't get distracted. Never forget that you do need to be comfortable otherwise you won't be able to concentrate.

Tip number 2:
Pray before starting any homework. This one is obviously optional depending on whether or not you are Religious. I obviously am, hence why this is one of my biggest tips. I feel that praying for motivation and patience before starting any work helps me a lot because I feel God is with me, helping me to keep working, and without Him I couldn't do it all. I'm not going to force any of you to start praying, but I really do suggest it. Even if you aren't religious, give it ago and trust me you will feel brilliant and really work hard.

I really hope these tips work for you. As always let me know your tips so I can get better at studying. Also if you do try either of these out, let me know if they work for you.

Talk to you all tomorrow with my Nails of the week.

DFTBA

Kim

xx

2 comments:

  1. These are really good tips! I'll definitely be using these with my exams in 2 weeks :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com is my blog if you wanna check it out, or even follow back? :)
    Thanks so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks so much for checking out my blog. Let me know if they work for you, and good luck with your exams!
    xx

    ReplyDelete