Thursday, August 11, 2011

Packing for a festival!

Hey girlies. As promised here is my festival packing post. I'm going to post the pictures in the order that I am packing them, because I am starting to pack today. Obviously there are things which I am not packing until right before I leave but most things I can pack today :)


This is my sad and empty suitcase right before I started packing. Little did it know it was about to get stuffed haha 




Ok so the first thing I packed was my blanket. This is mostly for night because I like to keep warm. However, on the last night there is a theme and this years theme is Disney. I don't have a Disney outfit so I am wearing this as safety pinned as a cape :) 



For my clothes I found it easier to pack them, then take the picture. So when going to a festival you want to pack for both extremes of the weather (especially in the UK) so I have packed leggings x2 and a pair of shorts, and like 3/4 pairs of tights.For tops I am going for the fail-safe option of tank/vest tops which are comfortable and paired with a jacket or cardigan will keep you warm-ish. You want warm pyjammas and fuzzy socks for bed time, but I am also taking a jacket for bed too because I am always cold.



I then remembered shoes. I am only taking 2 pairs, wellies and sandels. I will live in the wellies but its a good idea to take sandles just encase you feel like a change of shoe. As you can see the wellies don't fit in my case so I will be wearing them on the journey.



My toiletries from top left: Baby wipes-always good to have encase you can't shower, Face cloth-obvious reasons, wide toothed comb-when you do wash your hair you need this, Mini brush-obvious reasons, Face wipes-same reasons as the baby wipes, Spot treatment-only necessary if you have bad acne like me so optional, Body lotions-when you do shower you should still try and moisturize, Mini shampoo-So you can wash your hair, you also need a mini conditioner which I am picking up tonight, Disposable razors-you still need to shave, I am only taking 3 to save space, Dry shampoo-same reason as wipes, Moisturizer-always necessary, Face wash-obvious reasons, Body wash-need something to wash with, Deodorant-well you don't want to smell, Wash bag to put it all in. Oh and don't forget a mini tube of toothpaste and your toothbrush, not pictured but still 100% essential.
I know it seems a lot but almost all of it fit into that tiny wash bag and it is all necessary, honestly.



See it all fits!



Finally you need a sleeping bag (I'm borrowing mine from a friend which is why it isn't pictured), a roll mat (I don't have one so I am using a yoga mat instead), a torch, cutlery and plates and bowls, (I'm only taking the cutlery) 



This is my case all packed. I am going to a Christian festival so I have my bible and a notebook in there. I also have a book, because I love to read (that isn't the one I am taking just showing my full case) I am taking 2 books, 1 in my bag and 1 in my case, they are mostly for the journey though. 
Oh yeah and you will also need towels, which for some reason I completely forgot about until just now, and I suggest taking an old phone just encase you lose it, you won't mind so much if it is an old phone.
As you can see my yoga mat doesn't fit into my case so I need to think of something to do about that, if you have any suggestions please leave the in the comment section.


I am going to do a post on what I am taking in my handbag and the make-up I am taking tomorrow so be sure to check back for that post.

Thank you so much for reading

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Keep safe.
DFTBA.
You are all beautiful.

Kim

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment